Are you a multi-passionate person who has struggled to choose or EARN in a meaningful career? It’s probably because you’re following your passion.
As a fellow multi-passionate person and experienced career coach, I want you to learn how creativity, self-expression, meaning, and money can all come together in one fulfilling career.
Challenges Unique to Multi-Passionates
There are some career challenges that are unique to multi-passionates! Here’s what I hear most often from clients:
- “I have a lot of interests. I love all the things! I could never choose just one.”
- “I get intensely focused on a passion, learn everything I can, and then once I’m proficient, I get kinda bored and want to move on.”
- “I have to have variety. The idea of doing the same thing every day is soul-crushing.”
What Happens When a Must-Passionate Follows Their Passion
When you feel so strongly connected to or driven by your passions – they feel like part of you – they feel like part of what makes life worth living.
It’s no surprise if you’ve tried to make them your work. You tried to follow your passion, combine your passion, and monetize your passion. And I’ll be the first to admit that CAN work. My first career was as an actor – I followed my passion to Los Angeles, did the whole circus, and did it with some success. So if following your passion is working for you – sincere congratulations and keep going!
At a certain point, it didn’t work for me anymore. And maybe it’s not working for you, anymore.
- Maybe you’re burned out on a thing you used to love, and there’s a real sense of loss and grief that your relationship with this thing has changed.
- Maybe you’re struggling financially because you’ve figured out the hard way that “do what you love and the money will come” is simply not true.
- Maybe you lost your energy and fire for your creative work because your day job is so demanding or demoralizing that you have nothing left to pour into your creative work.
Those are TYPICAL outcomes of trying to follow your passion, so if you’re experiencing any of those, you are not alone. These are predictable experiences.
My Turning Point/ Paradigm Shift
When I knew it was time to leave my acting career for something else, I tried to follow my passion again. But there was something OFF about everything I tried. And I didn’t just think about these options, I went and tried them.
Nothing was working out, I was out of passions to pursue. I was afraid I would spend the rest of my life doing menial, soul-sucking admin work and barely scraping by financially.
And then one day, I had an ah-ha moment that changed everything for me. What dropped in was this one sentence:
”What if it’s less about WHAT I do and more about WHY I do it?”
That simple but powerful shift opened up an all-new set of options for me. It’s the foundation of what I teach to this day, and an approach that has worked for dozens of clients is multi-passionate at heart.
A New Approach for Multi-Passionates
I want to show you how to make this shift.
I want you to learn:
- What you personally need in order to be fulfilled in your career
- Find a way to FOCUS your multi-passionate tendencies in a way that works for you
- WITHOUT trying to cram yourself into the box that would leave you feeling constrained
You can have variety, you can make great money, and you can be authentic to yourself.
But you’re going to have to learn to think about this in a new way. If you’re a multi-passionate, you’re probably also a divergent thinker, so I know you can make the shift.
Get started with my free training: The 5 Keys My Clients Use to Discover Their Meaningful Careers.